Style Corner - Shoe of the Month, July 2017



Hello Dear Readers.  To all my American readers, I hope you had a wonderful Fourth of July!   To all my readers everywhere, I hope you are having a wonderful Summer!  I love July because it means we are right smack dab in the middle of Summer.  One thing that I love about Summer is that there are so many great Summertime combos...picnics and friends, bbq and beer, vacations and being lazy, ice cream and more ice cream...just to name a few.  Speaking of the great combos of Summer there is a new and extra exciting one this Summer, the Keds and Rifle Paper Company collaboration!  I'm loving the shoes that are a result of this brilliant pairing of adorable floral prints and footwear.  Keds and Rifle Paper Company teamed up to give us three different shoe designs but my absolute favorite is the Champion Jardin de Paris style and that is why I am giving them top honors for July. 





The Jardin de Paris design is my favorite of the collaboration because I love the blush, green and orange tones.  I also really like the larger floral print.  Keds are a very versatile shoe.  They go with jeans, shorts, dresses or skirts.  They can be sporty or dressed up with an embroidered skirt like I did in the picture above.  If you buy these shoes, let me tell you that they do indeed stretch with wear.  When I first tried them on, I thought the fit was snug but after wearing them a couple times they have stretched and are perfectly comfortable.  I did see on the reviews for these shoes that a few people said that they run big and that they would have been better off ordering a half size down.  I did not do that, I ordered my regular size and found them to stretch perfectly.  I apologize, as I realize that me telling you I had the exact opposite experience as other reviewers of this shoe is absolutely confusing.  If you do order these though, I would recommend ordering your regular size as you can always exchange them if necessary. 

Because I love Keds so much and because they are such a classic part of Americana, I put together a Keds round up for your clicking, viewing, shopping pleasure.







Black Floral - These are also from the Rifle Paper and Keds collaboration.  I really like how the flowers pop against the black background.  I also really enjoy the slip on and go style.  If you are like me and you frantically run out of your house in the morning with coffee sloshing out of your travel mug shouting "I'm going to be late, I'm going to be late!" to your absolutely empty house, then these are the shoes for you! 

Orange Blossom -  Can't you just smell the sweet orange blossoms?  These shoes remind me of my Spring Break senior year of college in sunny Florida...driving around with the windows down and just inhaling that wonderfully fragrant orange blossom scent with absolutely no cares or responsibilities.  #thatwasthelife

Tassel -  Seriously life is just more fun with stripes and tassels.  Seriously, it just is...studies were done at both Yale and Harvard with consistent results.

Crochet - Monochromatic, feminine and just plain pretty.

Glitter - Keds lists these under their bridal section and I couldn't agree more!  How fun would these be for the bride and her bridesmaids to rock at the reception?!?!

Abstract - These remind me of that Goyte video for "Somebody that I Used to Know" from a few years back.  Really though...they are exactly like the pattern he paints all over himself!  Also they are quite artsy...just like that video.

I love those shoes on the right, not just because the green laces coordinate with my Rifle Paper Co. for Keds shoes perfectly but because they and the person attached have my heart. 

Thus concludes another Shoe of the Month post.  If you'd like to submit a shoe for a future Shoe of the Month feature simply post a photo to Instagram and tag it #shoeswithcharmandstyle.  Till next time, Dear Readers!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Back to Top