First Blogiversary

The Greats sit on my bookshelf at home.  I hope to have as much talent as they do in their pinky fingers.

Hello Dear Readers!  Today marks a special day for me, it is the one year anniversary of when I first started this blog.  I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you.  Those of you that have followed this blog from day one, those that only recently discovered this blog and those of you that have stopped by on just one or two occasions.  I truly appreciate you reading my words and putting up with my often quirky commentary.  I hope I made you chuckle a time or two and that you have found some useful tips, projects, and ideas from my writings.  That is my goal and why I do what I do.  So truly, humbly, thank you.



I thought I'd take this opportunity to tell you where I see this blog headed and what I hope to accomplish in year two.  Currently, I'm working on several improvements for the blog.  I'm working on improving the overall look of the blog, so expect to see a new and improved site sometime in the coming weeks.  I've also started tinkering with my husband's camera and photography books, in hopes to start providing you improved photos along with the improved overall look.  Most importantly I'm working on two big things, consistency and cohesiveness...two things I have definitely struggled with this past year.  I knew when I started this blog that it wasn't going to be easy to post consistent, quality content but I honestly have to say it is much harder then I thought it would be.  I have to say what I struggle the most with is time.  Please know that I put a lot of time and effort into each blog post, it can take hours just to develop and make a sewing project and then a couple more hours to blog about it, the same goes with the fashion posts.  I love doing these things so I'm not complaining and I won't stop.  What I'm trying to say is between working full time, exercising, cooking healthy meals, and maintaining my home, I struggle to fit in the amount of time that I want to put into this blog.  Because of this, I've really been taking a look at things and seeing what I can rearrange to give me more time to devote to creating content for the blog.  I can honestly say that I feel very clear about what I direction I need to take and thank God for his guidance in this aspect.

As far as content, I'm currently working on some sewing projects that I am excited to share with you in the coming months, monogrammed pillows, a wrap skirt and roman shades to name a few.  I also plan to continue the shoe of the month and fashion posts as well as doing some lifestyle posts highlighting places of interest I find around my lovely state of Connecticut and in my travels.  I'm excited to explore and see how I grow this blog and in turn grow as an individual as I strive to take the road less traveled.

Look at this!!!  A long, wordy post with just one measly picture and not one quirky comment!  I mean geez...what a way to celebrate a blogiversary!  Ha!

To sum things up...a sincerest thank you for your support and I hope you continue to check in during year two.

Cheers Dear Readers!  Have a great week!


No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Back to Top