Spring Fashion Guide




Spring has sprung dear readers!  Well officially it has sprung but it's still mighty cold here in Connecticut.  That's ok though, I will not let the cold get me down.  Really, us Connecticut folks have nothing to complain about.  We had two big storms and other than that it was a fairly mild Winter.  However, I still want to celebrate the end of Winter and the beginning of glorious Spring with a Spring fashion round up.  Coming at you starting.....NOW!



To me Spring is the official start of dress season.  Sure I wear plenty of dresses in Winter but they always involve tights, and wool, and layers...with Spring I can rock a dress with bare legs and I'm free!  So first up is a round up of Spring dresses that bestill my beating heart.





Mustard dress.  This dress is my color!  Love everything about it...the plunging neckline, the gorgeous embroidery and sheer tease of the skirt.  This reminds me of that Chloe top and skirt I love so much, only at a far more affordable price point.  It also comes in a light blue but I don't like it nearly as much in that colorway.  To me, the mustard color makes all the difference.

Red dress.  I bought this dress last weekend after literally crying out "It's perfection!" when walking through Nordstrom with my husband.  Fortunately Dave has grown accustomed to this behavior and automatically knew to stop so we could get a closer look at it's fabulousness.  I love the slightly 30's vibe and the bold red. 

Mint dress.  Ahhhhh Pixie Market.  If you are looking for some chic and unique pieces, Pixie Market is the place.  I've been seeing a ton of mint lately and the color just makes this dress so sweet.  

Shirt dress.  I also just bought this dress.  It looks great on and in person.  What draws me to this dress is that it is a spin on a classic look.  The sash is quite long and really looks sharp wrapped around the waist and tied in a bow.  This dress is great for work or casual, comfortable weekend wear.  Plus, it just so happens to be on sale. 

Black dress.  I love this black off the shoulder dress from Loft.  It is so versatile.  It can easily be dressed down for a Saturday running errands with some cute Converse or Keds and simple jewelry.  It can be casually styled for lunch with the girls with some cute ankle tie sandals, hobo bag, and chunky bracelet.  Or you could also dress it up and rock it on date night.  I'd dress it up with some killer heels and an extra long strand or two of pearls.  Sale alert on this one as well!

Now that we covered the dresses (my personal favorite), I thought it'd be fun to pick three different complete looks.  One for work, one for play and one for date night.

First up is the work look.




I really like the simple, stylish, and classic look of this.  These pieces all work together but you could take each piece singularly and mix it into an entirely different look.  You could pair the skirt with a well tailored blazer for example or mix the tortoise cuff with jeans and a chunky knit sweater come Fall.

Polka dot shirt.  Who doesn't love polka dots?!?!  So chic, so fun!
Gold necklace.  I like the shorter length of this necklace.  It will pop nicely against the shirt.
Bracelet.  Oh tortoise shell...another obsession of mine.  Always. So. Perfect.
Ballet flats.  I like the look of a metallic shoe with the colors in the shirt and skirt.  I think a black shoe would be to severe with the bright cheery color of the skirt and could make this outfit read too bumble bee.
Skirt.  Thank you J. Crew.  Just thank you.

Next up, a Spring inspired outfit for play.

The white moto jacket and mint floral tee are the stars of this outfit so I kept everything else fairly simple in style.

Moto jacket.  Moto jackets are always chic and up the cool factor in any look.
Mint floral tee.  I really like the colors in this tee and the feminine vibe.  Plus it's far more exciting then wearing a tee in a solid color.
Jeans.  These jeans look super comfy to me and the rolled cuff is a cute and ultra Springy detail.
Shoes.  I really like the pattern on these Keds, it jazzes up the basic Ked in a sophisticated way.
Earrings.  Pretty gold studs.
Necklace.  A simple but lovely lariat.

Last but certainly not least is a Spring look for date night.


Dress.  This dress is called "The Perfect Dress" and when it comes to date night, I have to agree!  The sleeves really draw me to this one.  I really like the smocked details on the shoulder and the bell shape of the sleeves. 
Booties.  Look at these little cuties.  Sexy enough for date night and if you are like me and usually wear heels for date night then these are a bit unexpected as well.
Earrings.  I feel the need to put a bold earring with this look.  These add some color to the neutral tone of this look and are just so pretty.
Bag.  Cute and a total bargin.  Win, win right here!

I hope this fashion round up left you feeling inspired for Spring.  What pieces are you looking to add to your wardrobe this Spring?  Happy shopping till next time, dear readers.

Don't forget to check me out on Instagram @cornerofcharmandstyle

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Back to Top