Style Corner - Shoe of the Month, September 2016

The September Shoe of the Month, an Anthropologie and Seychelles collaboration of brilliance and wonder!

Peanut butter and chocolate
Lennon and McCartney
Movies and popcorn
Snoopy and Woodstock
Batman and Robin
Ben and Jerry
Hall and Oats (threw this one in there for you Mom!)

What do these things all have in common and what the heck do they have to do with the September shoe of the month?!?!  Well, they are some truly great partnerships and I’m mentioning them to you today because the September shoe of the month is the result of a beyond brilliant partnership between Anthropologie and Seychelles called Lein.do.  The Lein.do line of shoes is created by Seychelles and sold exclusively at Anthropologie.  When I saw these shoes on the Anthropologie site last fall I actually cried out loud with glee because I loved them so much!  In fact I remember Dave saying to me, “Ah, they’ve arrived”, in a mock serious voice on the day the package arrived on our doorstep.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not usually this superficial, I recognize that there are far more important things in this world than shoes....but every once in awhile you come across a pair of shoes, a skirt, a dress, something that seems like it was made just for you.  These shoes are that for me!
I always do my baking in a dress and heels...oh and full blown eye makeup (not visible in this photo!)  ;-)
But enough about me, more about the shoes…
Suede, inky black, snakeskin, and ankle straps!!!  My heart just swelled three sizes!
What makes these shoes SO killer is the simplicity, yet the attention to detail.  The black suede gives the shoes a richness and the snakeskin gives them an edge.  These shoes say, I'm classy and sophisticated and yet they also say don't mess with me.  Another really great detail is the bit of black suede at the top of the heel which is best visible in the photo directly above.  Also the ankle straps provide a delicate balance of femininity that creates a nice contrast to the snake skin.  Both the black and brown details in these shoes means that you can wear them with so many different outfits, although I admit that I mostly wear them with black.  Swoon!

On a side note, I'd like to completely venture off topic here for a second to thank all of you dear readers.  I've been blogging for just a little over four months now and I thank all of you that keep coming back faithfully, those that just stop by once, and those that are just stopping by for the first time.  Thank you for reading my ramblings and for getting/putting up with my sense of humor.  An extra special thank you to my friends in France and Portugal...aside from my fellow Americans, you are the guys and gals that stop by to visit the most.  I truly appreciate it!  Don't forget to check me out on Instagram @cornerofcharmandstyle.  Also if you'd like to submit a pair of shoes for a future "Shoe of the Month" post, simply post the photo to Instagram and tag it #shoeswithcharmandstyle.  

Good bye and good luck till next time, dear readers!


No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Back to Top