Summertime Deliciousness

I tried a couple of new recipes this past weekend that were so good, I just had to type up a quick post and share them with all of you!  Dave and I have been renovating our kitchen and it's about 90% done.  We are just waiting for our new backsplash to be installed and then we get to have our fun decorating!  We love the way it is shaping up and so we decided to have some family over for dinner on Saturday night to check out the progress.  It has been one HOT summer here in Connecticut and we are currently in the midst of a string of some of the hottest days so far this summer.  Because of this, I thought it would be nice to serve up a refreshing summer cocktail.  Dave and I have been on a mojito kick lately, ordering them everywhere we go and so I decided mojitos were the way to go.  A quick search and I found these delicious strawberry mojitos on the blog Back to Her Roots.  Best of all the recipe was for a full pitcher of mojitos which was just what I needed for the evening.  What I liked most about these mojitos is that they weren't overly sweet.  The recipe calls for 1 to 1 1/2 cups of rum depending on how strong you want them to be.  I went middle of the road and used 1 1/4 cups of rum but I think next time I will use the full 1 1/2 cups as I thought they were a little bit light on the rum.  So keep this in mind if you want to taste the rum in your mojitos.

Strawberry mojitos...the perfect summertime cocktail.


For the main course I found a recipe for blueberry burgers and was immediately intrigued because I had never heard of such a combination.  These were SO SO good!  I will definitely be making these again before the end of the summer.  Everyone really liked these, although both Dave and my brother-in-law told me they were a bit skeptical when I first said what I was making.  These burgers were nice and juicy and not at all dry.  I used organic ground beef in my burgers and I find that organic beef tends to be juicier than non-organic so I think that helped.  We topped our burgers with Swiss cheese which complemented the blueberry flavor nicely.  I also topped my burger with lettuce, tomato and bbq sauce and found this to be a winning combination.  You can find the recipe for these tasty morsels right here.

The blueberry burgers along with my Mom's banging macaroni salad.  Maybe she'll contribute the recipe for a future post! 
I hope you try these recipes and enjoy them as much as I did.  If you do try them out leave a note in the comments to let me know what you think.  I'd love to hear from you!

Till next time, dear readers.

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Back to Top