Welcome to The Corner of Charm and Style


Welcome! I’m so happy you stopped by to read my first post!  Let me tell you a little about me and why I’m here.  My name is Shelley and I live in Connecticut with my husband of one year, Dave, and our dog, Bella.  I spend my days working in Corporate Finance but have always been fascinated by interior design and the creative process behind it.  In my spare time I find a need to embrace my desire to create and lately I’ve been finding that desire is growing more and more.  Fortunately I have the perfect outlet to unleash this desire…my home!  When Dave and I decided to move in together, I moved into his bachelor pad and together we are working on making it a home that reflects both our styles.  We’ve been working on a number of projects in a few different rooms and I’m thrilled with the way things have turned out thus far.   

Here's some shots of some projects we've done in our living room.  It's still very much a work in progress, but it gives you an idea of what I'm all about.


I plan to do a post on how I created the gallery wall soon!



Some pillows I made.



As a result of our home changes, I’m always looking to interior design blogs for inspiration and DIY how-tos.  One thing I enjoy about them is how you can follow along on the progress of a home or project over time and see the beauty in the end result.  This was my main inspiration in creating my blog.  In addition, I love cooking, entertaining, and spreading joy in little ways and I plan to share some of my ideas here with all of you.  I believe in invoking a bit of charm and style into everyday and this blog will focus on just that!  


Here's an example of how I added some charm to a simple bouquet of store bought flowers...

 

First, I wrapped them in some brown draft paper that I picked up at the local hardware store, then I tied a piece of scrap fabric around them and a bit of ribbon over that.  I finished off the look by gluing on a flower applique.




The end result is something a bit more personal and special and it took a matter of minutes to create.  I look forward to sharing more ideas with you as this blog unfolds and takes shape.  Thank you so much for reading my first post and I hope you continue to follow along on my journey.

1 comment

  1. This is great! Looking forward to more posts! - Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Back to Top